Thursday, December 4, 2008

Early morning walk on the Canal

Have you ever seen a beautifully painted landscape, so charming and alluring that you longed to step right in and experience it fully? Kind of like Mary, Jane, Michael, and Bert in Mary Poppins when they clasped hands and leapt into one of Bert's sidewalk landscapes. Well...my boys and I did it this morning. We opened our back door and jumped right in. The thermometer read 30, a thick frost with low hanging fog lay across the land.




Our soul longs to connect with our Creator. "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God." Psalm 42:1

3 comments:

Christina said...

Your photographs are absolutely beautiful!!! I love your expression about longing to dive into it all - I feel that often when I walk in the woods near my home. The trees are so ancient and so powerful - there is such a wonder about walking among them. Your photos capture that sense so beautifully!! Thank you!

Hilliard & Croft

Most Beautiful Princess

pinkcamojeep said...

Wow! Katherine! These are beautiful!! I can't wait to see more.

Blessings,
-|<@ren

pinkcamojeep said...

Katherine,
Anna says that the orange leaves frozen above are her favorite.
-|<@ren