Saturday, February 28, 2009

In Bloom

Isn't this captivating? Running along one of the busier streets on the "Hill" in Augusta is an old wall complete with an alluring gate. If, during a few choice springtime weeks, you happen to glance over as you are speeding by to the next "thing" (grocery, children, or appointments) you will struck by...



a soft emerald green mossy path..



bordered by millions of diminutive delicate blossoms,



and tiny gossamer petals blushed with the palest lavender you can imagine...





And... an exquisite deep violet brush stoke up the center of the back of each petal.



I love the point that Gene Edward Veith makes in State of the Arts: "good art rewards close attention". How much more so the art of the Creator "rewards close attention"!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katherine,

Your photography is so refreshing. Thank you! These particular photos remind me of something I do sometimes when I'm down about the beauty...or lack rather... of beauty I see around me. Spoiled by man. I call it being a beauty detective. It helps me to get my focus off the negative and see a glimpse of God in the everyday. He's always evident, sometimes we have to look with His eyes, however.