Thursday, March 12, 2009

Home



In the midst of all our moves, I began to have a deep longing to "go home". The home I grew up in had long since been disbanded and shuffled to various spots about the South in the wake of my parents' divorce some 17 years ago. The yearning deepened with each move, and I, at times, would awaken in the night frightened, floating free--with no anchor, wondering where I was.


Late one night, as a perfect orb of moon hung in the summer sky, I dreamed the most vivid dream I have ever dreamed. I was traveling through a sea of high green grass waving gently to and fro. In the distance I could see my home. It was twilight, and as the sun disappeared, the warm glow of lamplight spilled out a golden welcome. I felt the anticipation of loving arms, interested faces, savory smells, and soft pillows.
Home.


I awoke to the owl hooting outside my window, and the moon low in the sky. I knew instinctively it was a vision--the home in the dream represented my real home in Jesus Christ, where I am eternally loved, accepted and secure.



Make two homes for thyself, my daughter. One actual home…and another spiritual home, which thou art to carry with thee always . . .
— Catherine of Siena

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking at your photos make me want to come over for an afternoon visit. So inviting and peaceful : )

Kat said...

Come on over---do you take cream in your coffee?

Anonymous said...

Precious thoughts. Our forever home with Jesus.tammyp