Monday, April 20, 2009

A House




Last week while birding the sod farm in a tiny Georgia town we passed the hulk of an abandoned plantation "Big House". Austere, but hauntingly beautiful in the spring sunshine, it stood as a sentinel to past lives. As I approached the rounded curve of the portico, a huge owl flapped its wings above my head and soared out into the cloudless sky.

By wisdom a house is built,
And by understanding it is established;
And by knowledge its rooms are filled
With all precious and present riches.
(Proverbs 24:3-4)

3 comments:

pinkcamojeep said...

This is my favorite,
favorite
verse.
I've had that one circled
in my Bible for years.
I've always said I would paint it
onto a wall
in one of our dozens of homes
but
there's never been one that it
really "worked."
But, it's still my favorite !!!

Angela McRae said...

I love this house! Is it in/near Augusta?

Bernideen said...

I would love to decorate and move in!