Friday, October 23, 2009

Expectations

“Blessed to be a blessing”.
I often contemplate this thought
and reflect on how I am not living up to it.
In contrast,
last week a dear long-time friend lived out this maxim---
 and completely blessed our family
by allowing us to use her "cabin" for 5 days.
 In a small way I would like to extend that blessing to you by sharing this special place.

This wonderful "cabin" was built in Pennsylavania
 in the late 1800's and moved to this site in Georgia in 2001.
Amazing wide timbers with chinking,
 huge stone fireplaces inside and out,
and cozy rooms...




We had dreamed of quiet, contemplative mornings,
 afternoon reading, and naps
 while the boys were working during the day at the pumpkin patch.



But God had a better plan for us---
the rains fell all week and the pumpkin patch stayed closed.
While we spent the days
 four-wheelin', making fires, visiting friends, playing cards, and having meals
---all together. 
Five days of special memories.

Thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - the cabin is so beautiful! Sounds like you guys truly were blessed. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Gaby

Anonymous said...

My most favorite post yet! I smiled as I gasped back a sob at the last photo...I know and remember that same feeling. It's one I'll never forget...so glad y'all got to be there together. ML

pinkcamojeep said...

Blesses me to picture you all there. I'm sure it was a splendid week. What a sweet gift.

-karen

Kat said...

Thanks you'all--love hearing your voices!!