Sunday, November 15, 2009

Preparing

“What is asked of us...
is that we break open our blocked caves
 and find each other.
 Nothing less will heal the anguished spirit
 or release the heart to act in love.”
thoughts of Father Tim,
Chapter 4, A Light in the Window
 Jan Karon

As the holidays approach, I find relationships on my mind.  I have been re-reading the Mitford series and having just finished the second book (A Light in the Window), I am struck anew with how we all struggle in our relationships--as evidenced by Father Tim and Cynthia.  We want deep, meaningful relationships that are celebrated by the holidays--a coming together of hearts and minds.  But...our world is broken, and we can't love like we were meant to love...without Christ. I pray that Christ will break the blocked caves, closed doors, and fortified walls of my heart.

2 comments:

Sara Engle said...

Hey Katherine- Just taking a moment to say hello and amen :) to your posting! I am at work today doing the very mundane task of cleaning up our electronic files and visited your blog for a little "refreshment"! The Mitford series is a favorite of mine as well.
love,
Sara Engle

Kat said...

Sara,
Thank you--I'm so glad you like it! I love hearing from you, hope your family is doing well!