Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sneak...preview!


I have just met my latest deadline for Newnan Coweta Magazine with an article about the language of flowers. And so...I was inspired to create my own tussie-mussie (ugh! Hate that name, but I haven't been able to come up with another.) It is a small, tight nosegay of flowers, leaves, and herbs with each plant conveying a specific meaning. This one is for my sweet sister-in-law to celebrate her engagement. The amazing thing about this little gem is I was able to find all the components blooming in my yard (in December!!), except for the sweetheart roses. BUT to find out the meaning of each plant you will have to check out the January/February issue of the magazine.

2 comments:

Mary Louise said...

Hey Kat. That is beautiful and looks like there is some mint in there? How sweet! Hope to catch up with you soon. ML

Kat said...

Yes---it is mint! with the honeysuckle it smelled heavenly. I would love to do a workshop on these--if you are interested?! : )