Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Forced Branches


"---a Christian, above all people, should live artistically, aesthetically, and creatively. We are supposed to be representing the Creator who is there, and whom we acknowledge to be there. If we have been created in the image of an Artist, then we should look for expressions of artistry, and be sensitive to beauty, responsive to what has been created for our appreciation".(The Hidden Art of Homemaking, Edith Schaeffer)

Be inspired to live a beautiful life...in spite of your circumstances or because of your circumstances...wherever you are placed.

Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. (Psalm 16:5-6)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katherine, forgive my ignorance, please. These/this branch is from what type of tree?

-Karen

Kat said...

Bradford pear (Pyrus calleryana)

Angela McRae said...

Beautiful words AND images! Excellent! (And I think I may need to read that Edith Schaeffer book, because I've seen it referred to several times before.)